Baba Yaga Pendant
The name of Baba Yaga is composed of two elements. Baba means “grandmother” or “old woman” in most Slavic languages. There are two versions of the origin of this name. Yaga is probably a diminutive of the feminine name Jadwiga, in turn, is a Slavicized form of the Germanic Hedwig.
1 in stock
Baba Yaga Pendant
Baba Yaga is one of my all time favorite famous witches and I am proud to show her off in this unique Baba Yaga pendant. Baba Yaga was derived in Slavic folklore. Baba Yaga is a supernatural witch who appears as a deformed-looking woman. Baba Yaga flies around in a mortar, wields a pestle, and dwells deep in the forest in a hut usually described as standing on chicken legs. When I was a kid, my favorite storybook was called “Bonylegs” and it was about Baba Yaga herself. This Baba Yaga pendant may help or hinder those that encounter or seek her out and may play a maternal role and has associations with forest wildlife. Enjoy wearing this Baba Yaga Pendant any time of the year.
KEY FEATURES OF THIS BABA YAGA PENDANT NECKLACE:
This gothic Baba Yaga necklace is handmade and one of a kind. It is READY TO SHIP NOW.
The setting is cast and plated with an antique silver finish. It is approximately 40x30mm in size. The witch’s face is made of clay, paint and resin. This Baba Yaga pendant is one of a kind.
The background design is created using a painting technique with specialty paints which creates the unique look you see in the setting, which makes each pendant a one of a kind piece. Paint is covered with epoxy resin. The background is hand painted black.
- 24-inch bronze tone Rolo chain necklace included.
- Arrives in a lovely jewelry bag or box and bubble wrap packaging.
- Not water resistant.
- Not meant to be worn while swimming or taking a shower.
- Size is shown in comparison to a US Quarter in the second photo.
- Colors may appear different on some computer screens.
- All products created in a smoke-free environment.
- To see all of our Gothic Jewelry, click HERE
- To see more of our jewelry, read reviews and for international orders, we also sell on Etsy! https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheSteampunkBuddha
© 2018 The Steampunk Buddha®
Seashell Mermaid Ring$20.00
Lemarchand’s Box Necklace (Gold)$18.00
Zombie Cameo Necklace$20.00
Dragon Skull Cameo Necklace$20.00
Anti Valentines Day Bottle Necklace$20.00
Fairy Drop Earrings, Pink Fairy Drop Earrings$18.00
Unicorn Magic Bottle Necklace$20.00
Rainbow Confetti Owl Pendant Necklace
Halloween Witch Earrings
Holiday Steampunk Necklace with Angel Charm